We ONLY work on the Type 2 UDT Chronosport watch (IF you are a former customer of ours whose UDT we have previously serviced), which is the model which as THREE (3) chrono-pusher buttons (two buttons and a crown on the right side and only one button on the left side). If your UDT has ONLY TWO (2) total buttons, then WE CAN NOT WORK ON IT. End of discussion. We also do NOT work on ANY OTHER TYPE OF CHRONOSPORT WATCH other than the Type 2 UDT.
A former customer is one who has sent US (BestFix Watch Company, Inc.) a UDT in the past and whose watch we have repaired before. We track serial numbers. We KNOW which watches we have serviced.
We made the decision to limit new work in early 2021 due to the following reasons:
1. Parts are no longer available for this watch. Our parts inventory is LIMITED and several parts we have manufactured in small batches. We have chosen to protect this inventory of parts for our former customers whose watches are still under our limited warranty.
2. We received many inquiries and UDTs for service/repair/restoration evaluations in 2020 and early 2021 from potential customers who were NOT serious about having their UDT properly repaired. "It only needs a battery..." "This watch only costs $400 in the PX in 1980, so these repair costs are totally out of line," or "The other guy that used to repair these only charged 'x', so why are you charging 'y'?" and on and on. We hate dealing with this type of person. So in many ways, this decision was a no brainer.
3. We prefer to focus on quality and not quantity, and restricting inflow is the best way to insure quality outflow.
We receive many inquiries about whether we will accept UDTs from older customer of the original Chronosport in CT, or 'the guy in Florida who used to fix my UDT.' We will NOT. If you waited until now to send us your UDT, then you are ALMOST SOL. We say 'almost' because there is an exception to every rule. Keep reading and you will find it. Then there is the corollary, "Is there any one else you can recommend to service my UDT?" The answer is NO. All of the other folks who advertise to repair the UDT are patently dishonest, to a fault. They do NOT have the parts. They do NOT have the experience. And there is NO SUBSTITUTE FOR EXPERIENCE. ZERO. Sell your non-repairable UDT on Ebay.
Okay, so there are actually two (2) exceptions to our 'only-former--customers' rule.
1. You may purchase one of our restored UDTs. These do not come up for sale very often, and when they do, they usually list for $2,000 or more. If you buy one of our restored UDTs from us, then yes, you are now a 'former customer.'
2. We have decided to accept a limited number of UDTs from NEW customers, but ONLY for complete restorations. The cost to have your watch evaluated for a restoration is $149.95. The cost to restore your UDT will START at an additional $1,499 and go up from there based on what we determine during the evaluation. If you send us your UDT for a restoration evaluation, then understand that if either:
A. we determine it can NOT be restored,
B. you decline to have us restore it after you review our firm quote... THEN... keep reading
YOU WILL BE OUT $149.95.
Therefore, BEFORE you send us your UDT for a restoration evaluation you should UNDERSTAND that the firm quote will be AT LEAST $1499 or higher (plus the $149.95 you will have already paid for the evaluation). Payment for all restoration costs MUST be made in FULL BY CHECK (no credit card and no Paypal) before ANY work is done, and the typical time frame for a restoration is 10-12 weeks. If you are interested in this option, then click on the button at the bottom of this page. And a word of caution, the FIRST person who abuses this priviledge (pays for a restoration evaluaion and then complains in ANY WAY) will have their name, email address and phone number posted on this page and EVERYONE will know YOU were THAT GUY who ruined this for everyone else. Don't be THAT GUY.
Those are the ONLY two options available. Do NOT email us to inquire about anything which has been clearly answered here, or your email will be IGNORED.
Ready to send your UDT for a restoration evaluation quote? The cost of this service is $149.95 and will result in your UDT being evaluated for restoration. We may determine that your UDT can NOT be restored. If so, you will have spent $149.95. NO REPAIRS ARE BEING PURCHASED WITH THIS FEE. This is a NON-refundable charge. If we determine that your UDT can be restored, the MIMINUM restoration fee will be an ADDTIONAL $1,499 AND UP, depending on what we determine your watch NEEDS to be properly restored.